Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ouch!

Yesterday, Nate and I discussed the Sixth Commandment. He wanted to know what the difference was between killing in wars and murder. We had a very thought provoking discussion and I was surprised at his depth of insight.

Then today he comes up and says, "Mommy, how come if God hates murder, and we're supposed to love the things that God loves and hate the things that God hates, you like to watch CSI and Law and Order? Aren't those just about murder? I don't think you really love the things God loves if you think those shows are so interesting."

Ouch!

Out of the mouths of babes...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy CSI as well, and I too have pondered this point that your son makes to aptly. For me, however, it's not the "murder death kill" that I enjoy, it's seeing the JUSTICE enacted -- and that, my friend, is God incarnate.

Good rationalization, eh? :o)