Sunday, June 08, 2008

10 minute rule

I have this love/hate relationship with the Flylady. Sometimes I do really great with my control journal, sometimes not so much. But I do agree with the idea that you can do anything in fifteen minutes. For the kids, because they are young, I've modified this to 10 minutes. So we have a new housekeeping procedure. We start by reading one chapter of our book (right now we are reading The Magic Treehouse books). Then I set the timer for 10 minutes and the kids and I race around and try to clean as much as we can before the timer goes off. Then I read another chapter, followed by another cleaning race. The kids love it and we get a lot done. Try it with your kiddos and let me know how it works for you!

3 comments:

Heather said...

oooohhhh GREAT idea!!!

Felicia said...

What a great idea!

Flylady . . . the name just makes me cringe!

Kimberly Geswein said...

We just hired an ayi and now we never clean. Of course, that isn't reasonable in the US ;).

I admire your dedication to clean!