Thursday, February 19, 2009

Safe, legal and rare?

Something we often hear liberals like President Obama say is that abortion should be, "safe, legal and rare." The question is, if abortion is good, why should it be rare? If it is a good thing, shouldn't it be common? Shouldn't we encourage abortion? The only reason it should be rare is if it is a bad thing, an evil thing. By saying that abortion should be rare (and I hardly call 40 million murdered babies since Roe v. Wade "rare"), pro-abortion forces admit that it is a bad thing.

2 comments:

Megan said...

AMEN!! I agree... 40 million hardly constitutes "rare." Just another example of the way liberals speak out of both sides of their mouths. If it should be rare, then it should be illegal. Period.

B and K said...

I don't necessarily think that liberals speak out of both sides of their mouths. If someone is going to do something dangerous to their bodies (whether legal or not), we want to make sure that it is safe. Now, I totally believe that abortion is awful. But I think we need to step inside the shoes of people who are considering abortion. Walk around in those shoes and then show them compassion. In my country, abortion is illegal. Poor little teenagers who have gotten themselves pregnant royal mess up their bodies and then are sent to jail for a long time when they are found out. I think that is unfortunate.