Monday, January 29, 2007

Things I would have missed, part one

I was getting kind of grouchy last week. I've had a sinus infection that I just can't seem to shake and coupled with the utter exhaustion and nausea of early pregnancy, I was just miserable. In the back of my mind I was thinking, "WHY am I doing this again so soon?"

And God showed me some beautiful things that I would have missed if we didn't have kids quite so close together.

I heard Abby and Anna giggling in their room and just grinned thinking of the special bond they have. We put them in their beds at night, but by morning they are huddled in a little nest of blankets together on the floor like a pile of puppies.

I saw Luke stand up for the first time and Nate ran over and kissed him. He said, "Oh, Lukey, you stood up! I'm so proud of you! You're going to be such a great walker."

I heard Nate explaining a Bible story to his sisters when he thought I wasn't listening. I had been telling him about perseverence and he was repeating the lesson to the girls.

I sat on the couch with the kids all around me and read books.

I nursed Luke and Abby came over and rubbed his hair and kissed him.

I heard the kids playing pretend. Nate was a knight and was trying to rescue his princess sisters from an evil dragon.

I saw the kids help care for the baby. Abby brought me diapers and wipes. Anna looked at a book with Luke. Nate tickled Luke and blew raspberries on his tummy.

I heard Nate explaining to Anna that Jesus lives in his heart and that if she wants Him to He can live in her heart too. He told her that Jesus will never leave her and that she will never be alone.

I enjoyed a puppet show with 6 puppets dancing madly. And one baby sitting in front of the stage chewing on a seventh puppet.

I am really, really blessed. My kids love each other and enjoy each other's company. That's why we are doing this again.

0 comments: