Sunday, November 07, 2010

Faith-full

First off, I want to say thanks to my tens of readers for their undeserved compliments. All y'all just warm my heart. (Yes, Mom, I am a real Texan. I said "all y'all" - and last week I bought gold shoes. Scary, no?)

Second, I was really tempted to not blog today just to be an object lesson from yesterday about not being Supermom.

But I noticed something today in church that got me thinking. There was a typo up on the screen during one of the songs. (Yes, I am a bit AR and notice these things). The screen read "faithfull" instead of "faithful". Which caused me to ponder.

When I think of the fruit of the Spirit, I always think of faithfulness sort of like loyalty or consistency. But what if it also means being full of faith? And what if that is really the same thing?

It requires faith to trust that as I am consistent in the daily things God will be faithful to fulfill His promises to me. So I guess I need to be both faithful (loyal, consistent) and faith-full (trusting, expecting).

May not be a news flash to anyone else, but I thought is was kind of interesting. Hope y'all had a restful Sabbath and are empowered to take on the week. This week I am working on our morning routine, so I will be reporting daily on my progress towards reestablishing good habits. I am committing to be out of bed at 7 each morning and will be consistent in my quiet time. Harass me please and ask if I'm behaving!

4 comments:

The working house husband said...

you behave hahahahahahahaha! you got me a pondering too. c ya at work - josh

Aimee said...

This is great stuff!

One of the things I struggle with is getting quiet time. I have a friend who get up at 5:30 or 6:00 am to make sure they get their quiet/Bible reading time in, plus exercise before her 4 kids get up, and I'm like, "How?".

You're a great Mom! And you're faith-full!

Kimberly Geswein said...

Having non-native-English-speakers from a variety of nations (Pakistan, Korea, Japan, Bangladesh, Cameroon, etc...) assisting in leading worship at our fellowship, we often have typos on the words.

I am so immature. I giggle. Every time. I can't help it!! I poke someone (the nearest equally-immature adult) in the ribs and giggle. Unless I'm singing in the praise team, in which case I try to get my giggles out during the band warm-up *before* the congregation arrives.

Let angels prostate fall.

And I'm giggling like a 2 year old.

Jean said...

Typos drive me crazy, but sometimes they are great comic relief.