Saturday, October 25, 2008

To put it another way....

I love Randy Alcorn. He has a way of putting things in perspective. This is why he says he is voting for McCain instead of Obama:

"What would you think if a politician said 'I'm not pro-rape, I'm simply prochoice about rape. And though I would not choose to rape a woman, I believe that every man should be free to rape a woman if that is his personal choice.?"

Yet we accept this type of logic regarding abortion. Ack, my brain hurts from the cognitive dissonance.

Check out more of his insights here.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have I ever told you I LOVE reading your blogs? This one in particular is SO true! I've been debating the issue of abortion with a pro-choice friend of mine lately and one of her arguments was that although abortion is not a good thing, outlawing it won't stop people from having abortions. So why bother? By that logic, why do we outlaw murder, rape or anything else for that matter?? If people are still going to do these horrible things than we should just make it legal, right? Aaarrrgghhh!